HUGE OPPORTUNITY!

HUGE OPPORTUNITY!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A 90 day experiment in training and The Paleo Diet.

For the next 90 days I'm going to be training one of our members at Orchards Athletic Club (www.orchardsathleticclub.com). We'll be doing my take on CrossFit and I'll be prescribing Paleo for her. Follow her progress here with blogging from me and guest blogging from her!

And on that note, here are Kandice's thoughts for this week:
  • So I am the mystery women that Hugh eluded to in his previous post. I am a 30 year old stay at home mother of one with a supportive husband who has a very high metabolism. I have been over weight for the majority of my life. Hugh has given me a very real opportunity to change my life here. I have done a lot of the other "diets" and have been working out regularly for 6 years, of which 3 years of that I was not overweight. I am very thankful for this opportunity to have the motivation and hope Hugh has provided me going into this journey.

    Hugh has been training me for 2 days now, and boy do I feel the burn! I am feeling muscles that I have not felt in a long time, and its nice to know they are still there and just waiting to be used. Today I felt "off balance" thru the warmup and the workout. At one point I believe Hugh thought I was going to go ass over elbows before the job was done, but we both kept heart and no comic relief was demonstrated today....

    Eating Paleo is easier than expected. We have been eating more pork than ever! Which makes my husband and my 18 month old son, who didn't know what pork was before this week, very happy! I am feeling very satisfied,(full) even at night which is when I had been getting some "after dinner munchies" and totally carbing out before bed. I did have a inkling about putting salad dressing on my salad this evening but after the table was set and we sat down I never thought about it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment