HUGE OPPORTUNITY!

HUGE OPPORTUNITY!

Friday, September 16, 2011

What you eat matters!

I'm not at Orchards this week as I'm taking the week off for the birth of my son, Declan. But, Kandice is still taking fantastic care of herself and did her weekly weigh-in this week with one of the other trainers at the club. Her numbers are good as she's lost another 5lbs. Her body fat went down on her lower body but appeared to go up on her upper body. She's diggin' on eating real food and is starting to get an idea of doing smart workouts herself. Too often people spend hours at the gym and get no real results to speak of. This speaks towards 2 facts:

1.) You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet.
2.) It's not enough to workout hard or a lot. You have to workout SMART!!

Here is what Kandice had to say:
  • The numbers are in for this week I am down 5lbs from last week! My fat numbers aren't nearly as impressive but the data is the data. My fat was down on the bottom half of me -.2% and up on the top half of me +.3%. Overall I am very excited about my numbers for the week!

    I was happy to hear that Hugh and his wife were in the hospital having their baby Monday when I arrived at the gym. So with that excitement I hit it pretty hard and went a few extra minutes, doing things we have done before. Tuesday did not go so smoothly I was ready to walk out the door to go to the gym when Wyatt had a total and complete meltdown! Lets just say I didn't make it to the gym that day. Wednesday I took on Body Pump (a class at Orchards that will rock ANYONE'S world, I couldn't walk for 2 days after the first time I took this class) and made an appointment with one of the other trainers for Thursday. Made it to the gym today (Thursday) and the trainer wasn't available so I did my own thing, but I have to say the excitement I had earlier this week has left my body and I can't wait for Hugh to return. There is something to be said about having a "buddy" or a "coach" to work out with and push you more than you push yourself.

    I have known for some time that the food I choose to fuel my body with has at least as much, if not more, impact than the work I do at the gym. The past 3 weeks have just proved it to me AGAIN. The weeks I have stuck to the better food I have better results, the results that I am working for. The week I wasn't right with my food my results followed suit! I did the work but without the food piece it doesn't work for me. I am still eating pork bacon almost every day and foods that I have never seen on other food plans aka diets and still dropping the weight, pretty amazing. Its like being on a diet but I don't really eat what I have come to know as diet foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment